Accepting Entries Now through 30 Oct 2019
for the Momaya Poetry Competition
Momaya Press’s Poetry Competition is open to poets of any nationality writing in English and offers the opportunity for winners to be published in the Momaya Poetry Review 2019.
First Prize: $100 (£70) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2019
Second Prize: $50 (£35) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2019
Third Prize: $30 (£20) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2019
In addition, up to 50 honourable mentions will be published in the review.
(Poems received after 30 Oct 2019 will automatically be entered in the following competition)
Rules of Entry:
- Entries may be up to 1,500 words long
- Any style is welcome, so long as the poems fits the chosen theme
- The competition is open to writers from all countries, but entries must be written in English
- You may submit more than one poem
- You may submit poems that have been published before, as long as you retain the copyright and rights.
- All rights, including copyright, of published poems remain with the author. Momaya Press reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any submission in the Momaya Poetry Review, whether or not the submission has won.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into once work has been submitted. Poems cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
“MASKS” are the theme for the annual Momaya Poetry Competition.
We all wear masks, shields that hide our deepest fears and emotions from the world, facades we put on at work, with family or friends. Other masks are physical, like the ones at kabuki theatre, a masked ball or halloween. Explore the seen and unseen with this year’s theme, and show us where the truth really lies.
SUBMIT YOUR POEM TODAY
Step One: Fill out and Submit the form below. If for any reason you have difficulty with submitting your poem using our form, you may also send us the story and information in an email.
Step Two: Complete payment. The submission fee per poem is US$9 (about £7). This will complete the submission process for your poem to the Momaya Short Story Competition.
Every poem must be accompanied by an entry fee of US$9 via Paypal (about £7).