Enter the Momaya Poetry Competition
Accepting Entries Now through 30 Oct 2020 for the Momaya Poetry Competition
Momaya Press’s Poetry Competition is open to poets of any nationality writing in English and offers the opportunity for winners to be published in the Momaya Poetry Review 2020.
First Prize: $100 (£70) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2020
Second Prize: $50 (£35) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2020
Third Prize: $30 (£20) and one copy of the Momaya Poetry Review 2020
In addition, up to 50 honourable mentions will be published in the review.
(Poems received after 30 Oct 2020 will automatically be entered in the following competition)
Rules of Entry:
- Entries may be up to 1,500 words long
- Any style is welcome, so long as the poems fits the chosen theme
- No erotica or X-Rated material
- The competition is open to writers from all countries, but entries must be written in English
- You may submit more than one poem
- You may submit poems that have been published before, as long as you retain the copyright and rights.
- All rights, including copyright, of published poems remain with the author. Momaya Press reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any submission in the Momaya Poetry Review, whether or not the submission has won.
- The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into once work has been submitted. Poems cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
“TOUCH” is the theme for the annual Momaya Poetry Competition.
One of the five senses, touch brings us closer to the physical world, allows us to feel textures and connect. The cold, wet, softness of watermelon pickle on a hot day; the hard flexibility of a chainlink fence keeping us on the wrong side. Touch can bring us closer together or keep us apart. Use touch to show a scene, instead of telling, or to pull us deeper into a feeling and evoke emotion.
SUBMIT YOUR POEM TODAY
Step One: Fill out and Submit the form below. If for any reason you
have difficulty with submitting your poem using our form, you may also send us
the story and information in an email.
Step Two: Complete payment. The submission fee per poem is US$9 (about £7). This will complete the submission process for your poem to the Momaya Short Story Competition.
Submit A Poem
Fields marked with an * are required
Every poem must be accompanied by an entry fee of US$9 via Paypal (about £7).